Friday, February 24, 2012

Hope She Knows by Tommy Dalton

This is a song about organ donation.  Even though this song makes me cry every time I listen to it, I still love it.

Hope She Knows by Tommy Dalton

There was a story grandpa told, that never seemed to get old.

About a girl in “63”, she was the homecoming queen.

Everyone wanted to be like her, she held a special place in this world,

They didn’t know how short her life would be.
It all ended without warning, it left her family lost and morning.
Since that day a part of hers with me.

Then he said…

Chorus:
I’m just hoping that she knows…that by her letting go, it gave me the life I know.
And with every breath I take, Yes it is her that I thank…Each and everyday.

All my friends were talking about fast cars and women.
But me, I was fighting to be living and taking time to say goodbye to all the people in my life. I told myself it’s been a good ride.

I Thought I was in my final minutes, but then the gift of life was given.
Just when I thought I’d never get to see ……another day.

Chorus:
I’m just hoping that she knows…that by her letting go, It gave me the life I know.
And with every breath I take, Yes it is her that I thank…Each and everyday.


As I sit here and watch my grandkids grow, and I know that Im getting close to the end of the road. There’s one more story that cant go untold.


Just hoping that you know…as I’m slowly letting go….I’m grateful for the life I’ve known. When I reach heavens gates, there’s someone I’d like to thank, for the special gift she gave, cuz with it I was saved.

There was a story grandpa told, that never seemed to get old.




1 comment:

  1. so touching.I had goosebumps listening to this. What a lovely share.
    Glad to have found you at the hop. your newest follower and a regular visitor now.
    cheers,
    Kajal@http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...