Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Beach Party

This past Saturday we had a beach party for an end of the year party for Sugar Pea's class.

Lots of food.  Sand.  Oh the sand.  Swimming.  Not to mention dolphins and whales.

At one point there was 10 dolphins not far off shore.  We also saw a whale spout a couple of times.  I was so disappointed that I didn't bring my camera and stuck trying to take pictures with my phone.

Its hard to see in the smaller pictures but the tiny black dots in the water are the dolphins.


 This reminded me why I love living near the ocean.  (Would be 10 times better if it wasn't so expensive to live here).

This party was great.  We definitely need to do it more often.  I took a year off from volunteering in Sugar Pea's class, so I haven't seen much of the kids or the parents this year.   (she goes to a parent involved charter school where parents are required to put in 4 hours a week helping out in the class).  I wasn't in any shape to do this at the beginning of the year.  I had just learned what actually caused Tin Man's death and was having a very hard time dealing with it.

So it was great to see everyone.  I was afraid that it was going to be tough being there without Tin Man, but it wasn't.  It felt normal.  I honestly think this is the first time since that day that things felt normal.  Of course the minute we got home the normal feeling went away.  I know it will come and go, but its a start.

This was one of the places we used to go with Tin Man to walk.  Its one of the few flat places in the area, so we didn't have to worry about hills.  There is also an old ship at the end of the pier.  A cement ship
The kids and I decided we are definitely going to be spending a lot of time there this summer.  Either hanging out on the beach or getting in our mile walk a day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...