Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

Most kids have a list a mile long of what they want for Christmas.  Like iPad, a new bike, video games, the new Xbox One. 

My kids' Christmas list included 1 thing.  To take a Christmas tree out to their dad on Christmas Eve.

How could I say no to such a Christmas wish?

The tree came from a tree farm that friends of ours run.  During Tin Man's last Christmas season we spent some time there.  It was only fitting that we got a tree from there instead of a parking lot tree farm in Southern California.

Now getting this tree from our area to SoCal wasn't easy.  I have severe allergies to pine trees, making having a real Christmas tree out of the question.  We were going to tie it to the top of my car, but the kids were so afraid it would fly away, so it ended up in our trunk.  Wrapped in garbage bags and a sleeping bag. 

Thankfully my allergies didn't bother me on the drive down.

On Sunday a friend of ours sent a picture of Tin Man's headstone all decorated.  It amazes me how one picture could make me cry in the blink of an eye.  I was so happy that someone took the time out to decorate his headstone.  

Even though you can't really see Warrior, I love this picture.  The kids told me that the light was Tin Man and Jesus letting them know they were with us.  We got the tree up and then we all needed a break to let some tears flow. 
After some tears it was time to get to work.  The main ornaments are blue and green with a few ladybug (red with black dots) thrown in.
They also made a Dad ornament. 
Merry Christmas Daddy!
They added a couple of ladybug ornaments to his headstone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...