Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Driver's Permit and IEPs

Warrior started driver's ed at school this week.  Yesterday we spent the morning at DMV so he could get his learner's permit.

Let me tell you, this mom isn't sure she's ready for this.  My wallet on the other hand is loving that I don't have to pay for driver's ed. 


Yesterday afternoon I had Sugar Pea's IEP meeting.  Usually we have them at the end of the year to decide which way to go for the following year.  But since she's new to this school/district/state we had one now and then will have another in May.

Every other year I have hated walking into the school for this.  I knew I was going to be bombarded with a lot of bad news.  So of course, I had the same feelings this time too.

Only I was met with great news!!!!!!!!

Sugar Pea has had an IEP in place for speech, math, writing, and allowing her extra time on assignments, tests, and quizzes.  The resource teacher and the speech teacher can't figure out why she has IEP for speech (which is huge), math, or writing.  That she does great in both of those classes.

They also don't feel she really needs the resource help but do agree that she still needs the extra time.

We left everything in place for now, but will definitely be redoing everything at the end of the year.

I am so proud of her.  At the end of 4th grade I was told that she was working at barely the middle of a 1st grade level, and now in 7th grade she's right where she needs to be.  She's come a long way in such a short period of time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...