Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pink Zebra and My Why?

I joined Pink Zebra and one of the first steps in training was asking why,  Why did I join?


My answers were easy.


  • To be able to bring in extra money to help with household expenses. 
  • To be able to buy the kids what they want and need, without trying to work it into a budget.
  • To not have to ask for help.  This is one of the most embarrassing things for me, is to ask for help.  
  • To be able to pay off the rest of my debts in a reasonable time.  


Then I realized I had more whys that weren't money related.



To meet new people.
             being here for a little over a year now, I only have a couple of friends.  I want to use Pink Zebra as a way to force myself out of my comfort zone and get out there to meet new people.

To be something more to my kids
             I want to show my kids more.  They see me as their mom.  Half of their parents.  The person that took care of their dad all their lives.  I want them to see me as someone who takes on a challenge head first.  Someone that doesn't let things stop her.  Someone that will do what it takes to make life a little bit easier for them.

To find myself
           I got married when I was 18, and Warrior was born 10 months later.  I went from high school to being a wife and mom.  During the years I added Tin Man's caregiver to my list of titles.  Then came the title widow.  Tin Man's widow.  Warrior and Sugar Pea's mom, and Tin Man's widow.

I need to figure out who I am now.  Who am I besides those things.  Who do I want to be?








No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...