Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Am Thankful For

I have many things to be thankful for this year.

My family
My awesome friends
My husband's great doctors and their awesome nurses

There are so many things that I'm Thankful for and don't even know how to put it into words.  The last couple of years have been so hectic and stressful.  There have been so many great people that have stepped in to help our family.  Some people we've never met.  Some just heard about our story on the radio and decided they want to help.

These are the people I wish I could thank one by one, but I don't even know their names.



Looking at all my past Thanksgivings.  My favorite one is Thanksgiving 1993.  It was the last Thanksgiving with my dad.  He passed away the following May from lung cancer.  We always had Thanksgiving at home an then would drive to my grandparents houses.  That year we got up and drove to my grandma's (his mother) and had Thanksgiving with her, and then later went to have Thanksgiving with my other grandma.  Being 14 at that time, I didn't realize why they all of a sudden changed the way we did things, but now I am thankful they did.  Changing the way things were done that year is one of the reasons it sticks out so much in my brain.  I can remember so much about that day, where I can't any of the other Thanksgivings.

My least favorite Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving after we moved to Las Vegas.  I was 16 an was excited to help my mom make Thanksgiving for us and my uncle and his family.  That morning we woke up early to get the turkey in and found that it had gone bad.  We stressed out because in Illinois, the stores weren't open on Thanksgiving.  Thankfully in Vegas they were.  So we grabbed this nasty bird and went to get a new one.  The guy at the store told us that it had gone bad before it was ever frozen.  Thankfully he was able to save the day!

My 2nd least favorite Thanksgiving was 13 years ago.  After being induced, 48 hours of horrible labor, and an emergency csection Warrior was the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  You'd think that would make for a great Thanksgiving wouldn't you.  We were finally released from the hospital 8:30 Wednesday night.  Since I was only using Tylenol in the hospital to help with the pain, we decided not to fill the prescription for the pain killers.  BIG MISTAKE!!!!  Having to get up out of bed several times a night had me in so much pain I couldn't stand it.  We were invited to my step dad's brothers house for Thanksgiving that year.  I was in so much pain that my plans for that Thanksgiving were to stay home and eat a sandwich.

That was the year we found out that the grocery stores may be open, but the pharmacies weren't.  We finally found a pharmacy that was open so I could get my prescription filled.  The down side was it was right down the street from where we were supposed to go for Thanksgiving.  SO we ended up there for the day.  Even after the pain killers, I was in so much pain that all I could do was sit in a chair and try not to cry.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a good heart, everyone of us oversees the great things around us, the reality is we already should be happy if we are alive because life is a gift!

    Zero Dramas

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...