Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Finally Done Shopping

I am finally done with all my Christmas shopping.  Normally I'm done before Thanksgiving, but this year between money being very tight, doctors appointments, and having to get a car fixed, it just didn't happen.

Another problem is this year the kids' wants got really expensive.  Warrior wanted an iPod, Xbox 360 with Kinect, and several games.  Sugar Peas skipped the iPod and went straight for the iPad.   Plus she's into anything Monster High.

I went the cheap route and got them both MP3 players.  All they want them for is to listen to their own music, and I couldn't see paying a butt load of money for just that.

I got Warrior a couple Nerf guns and a ton of extra darts.  Also got him the pair of headphones he's been drooling over for the last 3 months. 

Sugar Peas is getting a few Monster High clothing packs, Monster High ear buds, and several leg warmers. 

Sugar Peas isn't sure about Santa anymore.  One day she say he's not real and she knows its us getting the presents.  Then the next day she still believes and is shocked that some kids in her class don't believe.

I figure this is probably my last year as Santa.  So Santa got Warrior Lego Harry Potter for the Wii and Sugar Peas got the Monster High video game for the Wii.

Santa is also bringing the family a couple of presents.  1 being 4 passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (courtesy of the local library, see having a library card does pay off!) and the other being pizza maker.

I haven't been in the Christmas spirit much this year.  A lot of things have happened in the last week that have put me on high alert on my stress meter, but I decided to get myself into the mood for the kids sake.

1 comment:

  1. It does get more expensive as they get older. Hoping things change in 2012 for your family.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...