Tuesday, January 24, 2012

14 Years and Counting

Happy Anniversary to my great husband, Tin Man!

14 years ago today Tin Man and I were married.

Doesn't seem like its been that long ago.

We've grown as individuals and also as a couple

I can't imagine what my life would be like without him.  We've had our ups and downs like all couples.

I've had several people tell me that I'm such a good wife because I've stuck by him through all this and I didn't use it as an excuse to throw in the towel.  I'm not sure if I should take this as a complement or an insult.  I mean, seriously, do they really see me as the type of person that would just up and leave my husband because he's sick ?

Yes the last 2 years have been beyond stressful and have been a huge test, but we've both grown as individuals and also as a couple.  As weird as it sounds, its brought us closer together and let us know that if we can get through this, we can handle anything thrown at us.

When we chose the date we didn't think about the fact that it was Super Bowl weekend.

Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas is a madhouse.

And no it wasn't one of the lame drive through wedding chapels.  We lived in Vegas at the time and I wanted a beautiful, yet inexpensive, wedding.

We got married at a place called Las Vegas Wedding Gardens.  Unfortunately its not longer there, but it was gorgeous!  It was in doors in a garden setting.  Garden benches for the guests.  We stood in front of a water fall.  I fell in love with it the minute we saw it.

Like any wedding, that morning was a huge rush.  My mom, sister, and both grandmothers were getting our hair done by a good friend of ours.  He shut down his salon on the Strip for the morning just so he could do my hair.

Sitting there having my hair, and mani/pedi done I was able to relax.  Little did I know that all hell was going to break loose as soon as we were done.

We only had to go a little over a 1/4th of a mile to NY NY hotel to finish getting ready.  We had 3 hours.  Plenty of time, right?  WRONG!

Like I said Super Bowl weekend in Vegas is a madhouse.  It took us 2 1/2 hours to go that little distance.  Would have even taken longer if my step dad hadn't known of a few short cuts (more like cutting through parking lots and a trailer park).

We get to the hotel and I have 15 minutes for my mom, my sister, and I to get dressed and get our makeup on before we had to go down and meet the limo.

Needless to say I was stressed out and felt like I was going to throw up.

I ended up doing my make up in the limo while we were stuck in traffic on the way to the venue.  Again I was stressed out, but hey, they can't do much without the bride.

Once we finally got there (only 20 minutes late).  Everything went smoothly.

Thankfully my uncle and brother in law decided to keep their mistakes all to themselves until the reception.

We got married on Saturday.  On Thursday my uncle, Tin Man, and his brother went to pick up their tuxes.  I told them to try them on.  ALL 3 of them told me they tried them on and everything was perfect.  WHAT A BUNCH OF LIARS!

They waited until the morning of the wedding to even look at them.  How do I know this  Because they would have realized right away that they were given the wrong colors.  My colors were white, teal, and black.  Their vests were fire engine red!

Not just the wrong colors but my uncle's jacket was a size 2 small and his pants were 3 sizes to big.

They spent the morning driving all over the Las Vegas valley looking for teal colored vests and pants that would actually fit my uncle.

They are very very lucky they were able to fix it.  If not they would have seen just how angry I could get.

Even with the all the problems we ran into, it was still more than I could have asked for.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 12th year Anniversary! Wishing you both good health, love, happiness and prosperity

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...