Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stress Relief

This waiting room is driving me insane.  I've met some great people here, and I've watched most of them come and go.  Only 1 other family has been here longer than I have and they're going on 6 weeks. 

A week or so ago they painted it and missed painting the door, and also missed painting a huge part of the ceiling.  These 2 things are driving me nuts.

So I walk.  A lot.  I have walked all over this floor (2nd floor) of the hospital, and the 1st floor too.  This week I'm going to start walking up on the 3rd floor too.

I've walked outside a few times, but its been raining a lot, so I'm stuck inside.

Tin Man is doing a lot better.  Now our main focus is getting him strong enough to sit up on the edge of the bed by himself.  Then get him into a chair.

Tomorrow he starts intense physical therapy to help strengthen his muscles to get him ready to sit, and then eventually up and walking.

This is going to be the hard part because just getting up and sitting on the edge of the bed is a workout for him right now.

Small baby steps.  He's come a long way in just a week, so I'll take whatever we can get, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...