Saturday, June 2, 2012

Warrior's Graduation

Thursday Warrior graduated from 8th grade.  It was a very hard day for all of us.

The day did not start out good.  The social worker from Stanford called wanting to know if I was able to go up that morning to sit down with the surgeon to get the autopsy results.  I told her Robbie was graduating that afternoon and I refused to ruin  the day.  So I have to wait until Monday to find out when everyone is available to sit down and talk.

Then Warrior's plans for after school were changed, which he made sure everyone knew he was not happy about it.  Thankfully after he found out what the surprise was, he was calm and enjoyed himself.  Some parents in the class got a limo for all the boys.  They rode around town in it, and had a pre graduation party in it.  Thankfully that was what Warrior needed to calm down and relax and enjoy the rest of the night.

Graduation was great.  I cried throughout it because Tin Man wasn't there with us and we had an empty seat in our row which was a huge reminder.  There was a memorial tribute to the 3 parents that have died over the last 6 years from that class.  Which was very sweet, but hard to see Tin Man on it.

Overall graduation was really nice.  The teachers talked to each of the kids (only 28 of them) and what they enjoyed the most about each of them.  Then the kids got up and thanked the parents for supporting them through their school years.

Warrior's speech was something like "I want to thank my mom and everyone else for buying me things, being there for me, but especially all the support they've given me in the last few months.  I love you guys!"  He said he felt bad that he didn't mention his dad, but he knew he wouldn't be able to do it without crying.  I told him it was ok, and that dad was there with us and he was so very proud of him.

The thought of summer vacation scares me.  I'm not emotionally or mentally ready for this.






No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...