Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Birthday, Thanksgiving, and Girl Scouts

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I wish I could say we did.  Yes we had great food with great friends, but I just didn't want to be there.

I wanted to be at home.  In bed.  Away from the world.

Thanksgiving was also Warrior's birthday.  He tried his hardest to enjoy it and throw himself into the center of attention, but I could tell it was all forced.  Although he did like being attacked with the whipped cream.  He also liked the part where he got to blow out candles and then eat a couple cupcakes.


Friday wasn't anything big for us.  Again, it was something we enjoyed with Tin Man, so we tried to find something new to do, and stay as far away from stores as possible.

Saturday Sugar Pea and I had a Girl Scout badge-a-thon to go to.  The girls earned 4 badges in 8 hours.  They got to take a watered down photography class, a cooking class, drawing class, and first aid class.  They also go to interview a sheriff officer, a nurse, an artist, a painter, and the guy that comes to their schools to do the school photos.

The cooking class seemed to be a favorite of all the girls.  They were broke up into small groups and got to cook meals to share with the rest of the groups.  Sugar Pea's group made south west corn bread, while another made a pot roast, one made falafels, and another made spaghetti frittata. 



Sunday and Monday we cleaned out the closets and cabinets.  I can never figure out how we end up with food we never eat sitting in the cabinets.  It also amazes me at all the things I find in my kids' closets.  I really need to start looking in them for all the lost items.   

Today we took the bag of food to the local food bank and 2 bags of clothes, and a bag of nothing but socks to the women's shelter.   Now to try to rest the rest of this week and prepare for the weekend.  The next 2 weekends we have Girl Scout events, and then we're done for the rest of the year.  Plus this weekend Warrior has a 2 day lacrosse camp.  Then next week starts the deep conditioning to get ready for the practices and games once school starts up again in January. 

Maybe one day I'll be able to relax on a weekend.  I just don't see that happening any time soon.

8 comments:

  1. New follower from GFC. Hope you hop over and return the favor.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Found you through a GFC Blog hop and excited to be a new follower! I hope you will stop by my site if you get a chance!

    Chrissy
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! I remember when I was a Girl Scout! I tried to get my daughter into it but she wasn't interested :(

    The Spunky Poser

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter tried girl scouts but they never seemed to do anything really meaningful with her group, maybe it was because they were still young at the time, I usually hear great things about girl scouts. its seems like sweet pea, does a lot of good things with her troop

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always wanted me to be a Girl Scout, but it just wasn't for me. It does sound like they do a lot of good things for the community. Sorry to hear that you had such a rough few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand what you are saying about cabinets having food in them that you don't even recognize - we moved a couple years ago, and found a case of creamed corn in a pantry behind many boxes, and no one remembered buying it...lol..we don't even eat creamed corn, much less a case of it?! I don't want to speak in cliches, and tell you something you already know, about things getting easier with time, etc... Just know that when you share your writings with all of us, you touch so many...and I am sure I speak for many others when I say that we are thinking of you and yours...and hoping your pain lessens a bit..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your loss. I don't know you, but my heart immediately felt a sadness for you when I read your profile. Happy belated birthday to Warrior. Wishing you all the very best.
    http://chaosismylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss. My prayers go to you & your family.
    Love the cupcakes as a whole cake idea. Much easier to make yourself than a cake!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...