Sunday, November 11, 2012

Trying to Change Light Bulbs

There are certain things around my house that I never thought about, until I was forced to.

Like light bulbs. 

They are always there.  You flip a switch and they turn on or off. 

Then they blow and you have to change them.  That's about the only time you think about them.

The light bulb in my bedroom blew.  Then I was left trying to figure out how to change it.  In the bedrooms we have 12 ft ceilings.  Even with the step stool, I can't reach.  So I was left wondering how am I going to change this. 

I never worried about them before.  Tin Man always worried about the high things, because well, lets face it, I'm short. 

Now I look around my house at all the things I need a tall person for.  This house definitely wasn't built with short people in mind.

Thankfully I have some awesome friends that came over and changed not one, but all of my light bulbs for me.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a small ladder because its about time to wash all my curtains, and I can't reach to take them down or put them back up.  Not to mention after Christmas, I get the fun of painting the inside of the house. 

Funny how one blown light bulb can make me think of 100 things I need to do and wonder how I'm going to be able to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...