Monday, July 22, 2013

Trip to LA

I can't believe we only have a month of summer left before school starts.

We've been trying to stay busy this summer because being at home is still hard some days.

We spent 2 weeks down in LA for the 4th and then for my birthday. 

This was anything but relaxing.  I made a trip to San Diego for a widows retreat.  I wasn't able to go the entire weekend, but I made sure to go on Sunday.  I have met a lot of these amazing people in one of my support group/chats and wanted to go down and see them.  Plus being in a room full of people that get it helped more than I realized.

We went to the Science Museum, kids went to Raging Waters.  Trip with friends to Downtown Disney.  Mini golf, bowling, movies a few times.  We were trying to find things to do indoors because it was so hot and a recent biopsy kept me out of the water. Plus trying to fit in time to see friends and family. 

I think the entire 2 weeks we were down there we only had 1 day where we weren't out doing something.

The Science Museum was a lot of fun.  I love that its so hands on.  So much so that I didn't get many pictures.   We wanted to see the Endevour while we were there but there was such a long line and we decided we wanted to go find something for lunch instead. 

I figure next time we go it won't be during the summer.

We spent the 4th with my in laws and some friends (and new friends).  Kids got to swim, I got to sit and watch.  Along with cookout, and then lots of fireworks.  And sparklers.

Loved the timing of this one.  He was standing up on a ladder with a sparkler and I snapped it just as a large one went off behind him.

We also had to make some time to get some lacrosse practice in.  The day after we got home Warrior was headed off to camp for a week.  He was afraid of getting rusty, so he made sure we fit some practice time in.  

I'm sure this is a sign from Tin Man.  I was out with friends and I was enjoying myself, but I had a huge wave of guilt wash over me.  I closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw this rainbow.  I think it was his way of telling me to enjoy myself and stop feeling guilty when I do.

Warrior planned a huge surprise for my birthday.  Dinner at Cheesecake Factory along with a trip to the Observatory.  Unfortunately we didn't make it to the observatory.  Closest parking we could find was over 3 miles away, and we had just over an hour before it closed.  So we opted for bowling and decided to make a trip on our next visit down.  

I did get a nice picture of the LA skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...