Thursday, September 19, 2013

Calendar Obsession

If you ask my kids they will tell you that I am obsessed with my calendar. Either the one on my phone or the one hanging in our kitchen.

When I was younger, I would have told you the same thing about my mom.  I can remember the huge calendar hanging in our kitchen with every activity scheduled out for the month.  Not just scheduled, but color coded to each kid.

I thought she was nuts.  I mean, I could remember when my softball games/practice was, or when girl scouts was.  Why couldn't she?

Now as a mom I totally understand that while I had my schedule to keep track of, she had 3 kids, my dad's doctors, and her schedule.

When the kids were little, I didn't rely on my calendar like I do now.  That obsession, friendship didn't happen until Tin Man's many many doctors appointments came into the picture.

That's when my calendar and I became BFFs.

This is a relationship I don't see going anywhere for a while.


The calendar in our kitchen is mainly for the kids.  I'm trying to teach them to check it BEFORE they make plans with their friends instead of after and then finding out they have to reschedule.


The calendar on my phone has everything in it.  Their daily activities, their counseling sessions, doctors appointments.  Some days I feel like I need to schedule time to sit and relax too.


And the kids wonder why Sundays is our main housework day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...