Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weight Loss in 2014

Another one of my goals is to lose 50 pounds.

More would be great, but I'm aiming for 50.


One of my goals for this year was to run my first 5K.  That has been postponed.

In place of that is my goal of sucking up my fear and having surgery on my knee.  Its been bothering me for several months, but the last week its been horrible, to the point walking is a chore.

It also means having to give in and ask someone for help.  I want to wait until summer, but even then means I need someone to drive me and the kids around.  I hate asking people for help.  Its crazy, but I feel like a failure if I need help from anyone.


Anyway, back to the weight loss goal.   The first big step for this goal is to beg my rheumatologist to wean me off Prednisone.  I hate this medicine, and everything it does for me.  Yes it keeps my immune system from freaking out as bad, but the side effects are horrible.  Especially the weight gain and appetite.


This also means going through my cabinets and getting rid of a lot.  I have a feeling the local food bank is going to love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...