Friday, December 16, 2011

All Kinds of Signs

Tonight while we were finishing up our Christmas shopping I saw all sorts of sign that let me know my loved ones in Heaven are still watching over me.

My dad passed away in 1994 after a long fight with lung cancer.  My grandpa passed away in 2001 after a long secretive (didn't tell anyone) battle with lung cancer.  My aunt passed away in 2007 from lung cancer.  My step dad passed away in 2007 from long battle with kidney disease.  My Grandma Cookie passed away in 2008 after a long battle with COPD.  And my Grandma Cam passed away this year at the age of 105. 

So many people I love are now watching over me.  I still wish I had each and every one of them with me.  I have so many things I want to say to them.  Things I want to share with them.  Things I wish they could be apart of. 

Tonight while we were shopping we walked down an aisle and there on a random shelf, out of place, was a Ford coffee much, an Elvis hot chocolate set, and a talking bass.

I seriously stopped and just stared.  I know Tin Man thought I was crazy because I started crying, but I know it was them giving me a sign.  My Grandpa worked for 30 + years at Ford, my Aunt was obsessed with Elvis, and my dad was a fisherman. 

Then later at another store we found a hummingbird snow globe in the middle of the toy section.  Before my Grandma Cookie died she told all of us that she would give us a sign that she was ok.  Her sign was a hummingbird.  2 days after she died a hummingbird perched on my screen door for several hours.  That's how I knew she was ok, and would always be with me.

Some may think I'm crazy, but to me these signs let me know they are still watching over me and help me during this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...