Sunday, May 27, 2012

Open Your Eyes

The last 3 months have taught me a lot.  Things about myself, my family, and my friends.  A tragedy like this teaches you real fast who your true friends are.  I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.  I will never be able to repay you for everything you've done for us.

One of the major things I have learned is not to take anything for granted.  Yes this seems so cliche, but even with Tin Man being so sick, and waiting so long for his transplant, I never imagined it would end up like this.  I knew it wouldn't be easy for him, but I never imagined we'd lose him.

We had so many plans we wanted to do.  We had a 101 in 1001 list that we planned to start the day he was released to come home.  So many things we wanted to do. 

Not being able to do them with him is killing me.  So when I see people complaining about their loved ones or treating their loved ones like crap, it is really bothering me right now.  Its always bothered me, but now I just want to scream at them.

OPEN YOUR EYES!  You have what I would give anything for.  You have your husband with you.  You're able to lay next to him at night and wake up to him in the morning.  Let the little things go and look at the big picture.  Be thankful you have him with you.  Be thankful you have tomorrow with him. 

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...