Thursday, May 3, 2012

Single Parent Club

It amazes me how many people don't think before they speak.  Just when I think I've heard everything, someone blurts out something stupid that leaves me speechless.

Don't get me wrong, I would have no clue what I'd say to myself, and I'd probably would end up saying something and inserting foot.

I've had someone compare what I'm going through to her divorce.  Seriously?  You chose not to be married to your husband.  I didn't have any choice.  You can still call him up on the phone.  I can't.

I do get she meant well, but she has no idea how far from the truth she really is.

I've also been welcomed into the "Single Parents Club."  I have several friends in this "club" and not one of them really understands how I am feeling.  Some are single because of divorce, and some because of deadbeat dads.  There is still a difference.

I am now the ONLY parent.  I don't have another parent to step up when I'm not feeling good.  I don't have another parent to step up and help me play taxi driver.  I don't have anyone to fight with for child support.  I don't have anyone that may some day step up and be a parent.

Its just me.  Its me dealing with my grief and trying to help my kids through theirs.  Its me trying to figure out what our next step is. 

Its me trying to figure out how to get a decent job when I've spent the last 10 years being a SAHM.  I'm trying to figure out how to keep our lives as normal as I can.  The kids are having a hard enough time dealing with their dad's death without me changing everything all at once.

I haven't even a clue where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...