Tuesday, July 17, 2012

We Made It To South Carolina

We made It To South Carolina. It was a torturous trip, one I will NEVER do again. Once I have a little more time I'll go into more detail.

Saturday was my birthday. It was hard. At times all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and hide the day away. I misses Tin Man so much, but seeing family I haven't seen in 5 or more years helped a lot. Tin Man was still missed, but we were able to talk about the good memories.

One thing South Carolina has against it is the humidity. I haven't had to deal with it since we moved from Illinois, 17 years ago. I feel like I need gills. My poor kids have never experienced anything like this before. It's kind of funny watching their reactions everytime they step outside.

One thing Sugar Pea is looking forward to is all the history in this area. She will be learning about the Revolutionary War this coming school year and a lot of it took place in this area. So she's excited about seeing the different areas and getting information to take back to her teacher.

Part of me is hoping they will like it here and want to move here so I can be closer to my family, but at the same time I feel like I'm losing Tin Man all over again every time I consider leaving California.

It's been a rough 4 months for us and we have a long way to go before things ever seem normal again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweetie! I just want to give you a hug! I lost my Dad a few years ago, and I can't imagine what it's been like for my Mom! Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk. Definitely following you back now! :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...