Monday, June 10, 2013

Fitbit Activity Tracker

I did not receive any compensation for this post.  I just love this thing so much I wanted to share.

Since summer is here I'm trying to find things to get us out of the house.

On top of the elliptical workout, I'm trying to work my way up to at least 10,000 steps a day.  I bought myself a Fitbit Zip to help keep track of my steps.  It also gives you an estimate on how many calories you burn a day, has a great website dashboard that lets you see your progress.

One thing I love about the Zip is it syncs with your computer and you don't have to manually log in your steps all the time.  It helps keep you honest with yourself.

You can also log into fitbit.com and see your progress.

I was amazed at how small it was when it arrived.  I thought it would be a little larger, ok a lot, than it was.  All the other pedometers I have had are about twice the size of the Zip.   As you can see its not much bigger than a quarter.  The size makes it much easier to wear, and hide.  I have mine attached to my bra since a lot of my work out clothes don't have pockets.

The package includes a USB Dongle, the Zip, a clip, a battery, and a "key" to unlock the battery cover.


The website dashboard allows you to see your stats all together.  You can even customize what you would like to see.  It also lists your friends and their weekly steps and ranks from highest to lowest.  You can choose to hide yourself from this ranking.  I'm hidden until I get up to 10,000 a day.



There is a phone app to use.  Right now Fitbit only syncs with  iPhone 4S

Samsung Galaxy S,
iPhone 5

Samsung Galaxy S III

iPod Touch (5th gen.)

Samsung Galaxy Note II

iPad 3, Retina

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

iPad mini

Even if you don't have one of these you can still use the app to keep track of your water intake and see your daily activity.


I would definitely recommend the Zip to anyone wanting a little extra from a pedometer or anyone that needs something to help keep themselves honest about their daily steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...