Monday, September 16, 2013

Anxiety Attack and the Fair

On Saturday I took the kids to the fair.  It was a huge step for me.  Especially after having a horrible anxiety attack that morning.

An anxiety attack about going to the fair.

I know, it seems ridiculous.  But Tin Man lived for the fair.  He'd go all day everyday if I would have agreed to it.

Also his memorial service was at the fairgrounds.


We skipped the fair last year, so this was going to be the first time I had been there since that day.  The fairgrounds are outside of town so I never had to drive past them, so out of sight, out of mind.

So of course I wanted to climb in bed and stay there, but the kids weren't having it.


It was very hard, but I did it for the kids.  In the end it was fun, but I was very happy to leave.

I'm not a fan of carnival rides so my kids don't go on them.  At least not when I'm there.  I'm pretty sure that once Warrior went off with his friends and girlfriend, he made his way straight over to the rides.  But I try to pretend that he totally understands his mom's insane side and stayed away from them.  It helps me sleep better.

So while he was still walking around with his mom, we checked out the different displaces.  Like the 371 pound pumpkin, or the odd shaped cucumbers.  Seriously, the fair is for families, some of those veggies should have had their own room.

I tried putting them in jail, but it was surrounded by insanely rude parents that wouldn't stop acting like idiots long enough to move out of the way.  So I had to settle for the wanted pictures.


The signs were posted a little to high.  Sugar Pea is not short at all, but she could barely stick her head in.

I'm not sure why, but Warrior about freaked out when Sugar Pea stuck her head in the potato.  He claims he's always wanted to be a potato and that was probably his only chance.  I worry about him sometimes.

This is the only ride I agreed to let them go on.  Warrior is too cool to have his mom take his picture, but Sugar Pea is all for it.  

The balloon man is a friend of ours.  He adores my kids and made sure that we found him so he could give each of the kids a balloon animal.  Again, Warrior is way too cool to have proof that he got a balloon animal, but his was a giraffe with an apple in its neck.  It was pretty neat.  Sugar Pea got a cute little mouse.
All in all it was a good day.  I'm good with the fairgrounds until next year. 

98b40e5310a51cc36f442fd7e21e0425c64b9e9c06badc353c

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...