Thursday, September 5, 2013

Teenage Attitudes

Every parent goes through it.  The horrible teenage attitudes.

After your child is about 8 months old everyone feels the need to warn you about the terrible 2s.

No one warns you about the teenage attitudes.

Not just the teenager, but the tween attitudes.

Its scary.

Imagine those attitudes and grieving.  Its even scarier.


Both kids are in counseling which has helped them learn to express their emotions.  And its taught them that what they are feeling (anger) is normal.

Even with counseling their emotions are becoming mixed with the attitudes. 

Its hard for me because I try to make them understand that I won't deal with the attitudes, but at the same time I don't want them to feel like I'm telling them they can't express how they are feeling.

Its a fine line and one I sometimes feel like I'm falling from.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...