Sunday, October 6, 2013

Goal - 5K

A couple of weekends ago we did the Donate Life walk.

We had a ton of fun, saw a lot of our friends, and met some really great people.  The kids were interviewed several times.  Lots of pictures of them with their poster and their shirts.  And lots of people telling us how Tin Man impacted their lives.

This was something we needed.  We needed to hear from others that they still think about him, because most of the time it feels like people are forgetting him.

Anyway, enough of the sad stuff.

My goal for next years walk is to run it.

Actually I am shooting for running the Southern California Donate Life walk/run in April. 

Warrior let me know that that is 201 days away.  And roughly 28 weeks  (He has an obsession with countdown timers)

My first short term goal is to work on my elliptical to get my endurance up.   I have been doing it a few times a week, but focused more on time than on distance.

Once I feel a little more confident then I will move on to the Couch to 5K schedule.

So we will see how this goes in the next few weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...