Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Think Before You Speak!

Its been a little over 3 years since Tin Man died. After 3 years you'd think I'd be a pro at the dead husband speech. I'm not. Its not so much the speech itself as it is the looks. The you're not old enough to have a dead husband look. Although the looks aren't nearly bad as the questions. "How is it possible? You're so young?" But as bad as those are, nothing is as bad as the "I understand what you're going through." comments. Unless your husband died, YOU HAVE NO IDEA! There is a huge difference between being divorced and widowed. Your children still have their dad. You're children can call and visit their dad. Mine can't call their dad, and to visit their dad they have to go to a cemetery. I don't have my husband. I can't argue with him. I haven't heard his voice in over 3 years. I just wish people would think before they speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...